The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
Computational Biology is a diverse team of software engineers and computational biologists creating products focused on genetic alterations and biomarkers in DNA and RNA. The Software Engineer II, Computational Biology will help build and maintain robust pipeline infrastructure to run highly concurrent data-intensive analyses, enhance and optimize scalable data solutions, and develop web applications that enable global production operations on cloud deployed systems. This position completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and technical documentation. Code created in this position is to be reusable, testable, efficient, clean and well commented. As an experienced practitioner, Software Engineer II provides support to less experienced Software Engineers
• Help define and participate in software development processes that leverages best practice and supports continuous product delivery.
• Create custom programs and applications as designated by business need.
• Write, test, and refactor code that is reusable, testable, efficient, well architected, and well commented.
• Define and document architecture and formal technical specifications based upon information provided.
• Maintain efforts for product or platform to be resilient, cloud-native, secure, and scalable.
• Collaborate with team members to deliver complex production-ready projects.
• Ensure code adheres to patterns and any established standards.
• Participate in regular peer design and code reviews.
• Conform to coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Deliver contributions in an Agile approach and leveraging Agile methodology.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of software engineering experience in lieu of a degree, AND
• 3+ years of professional programming experience
• Java Spring, Hibernate, Maven, or similar frameworks
• React, or similar UI framework
• AWS or similar cloud computing platform
• Unit and Integration testing
• Git, or another version control system
• Relational databases, database design, object-relational mapping (ORM)
• SQL and query tuning
• Knowledgeable about Unix or Unix-like operating systems
• Enterprise distributed messaging systems
• Genomics domain experience
• Familiarity with continuous integration, continuous deployment, and Agile concepts
• Understanding of HIPAA, the importance of patient data privacy, and of regulated software engineering environments
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values of passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!