Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our Medical Reporting team. This group works to integrate FMI’s systems with various external partners to ensure our tests and data can help our partners make more informed treatment decisions. This position completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews and technical documentation. Code created in this position will be reusable, testable, efficient, clean and well commented. As part of the job, you will work collaboratively across several teams throughout the enterprise and get to help make a difference in patient’s lives.
• Identify, troubleshoot, resolve, and document user system issues.
• Maintain customer satisfaction in every step of the service delivery.
• Utilize remote monitoring and management software to resolve client requests.
• Document, review, and improve existing or new procedures and workflows.
• Prioritize work to resolve complex support client issues.
• Establish a high level of personal credibility and build strong relationships.
• Collaborate with other IT staff and vendor support resources to resolve requests.
• Participate in ongoing personal training and attainment of technical certifications.
• Ensure the security of all configurations made on client systems.
• Provide updates, status, and completion information to management.
• Support releases, hotfixes, and deployments.
• Develop formal technical specifications based upon requirements captured.
• Design, develop, test, document, and deploy business solutions.
• Collaborate with other technology teams to integrate with various FMI systems.
• Contribute to and maintain formal technical procedures and documentation for the software developed.
• Participate in and conduct regular peer design, code reviews, and knowledge sharing sessions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree AND 2+ years of professional software engineering experience OR 8+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Experience in unit and integration testing
• Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming and functional programming languages, including SQL
• Experience with one or more of the following:
· With web application and web servers
· Solid knowledge of NodeJS and ReactJs
· Familiarity with .NET OR Java
· With Operating Systems: Windows/ Unix or Unix-like systems
· Working with relational databases
· With Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) and query tuning
· With CI/CD
· CSS pre-processors (SASS, Less, Stylus)
• HTML5, CSS3, and SCSS
• Knowledge of a cloud platform preferably AWS
• Familiarity with Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices and containerization/ containerized deployment of software
• Writing software in a cloud environment with AWS or a similar cloud platform, including to deploy and maintain deployment of software and other automated processes
• Genomics domain knowledge
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving within a team, with other engineering teams, and with other departments
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: Patients, Innovation, Collaboration, and Passion
• Commitment to reflect Foundation Medicine's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!