Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Software Engineer III on Medical Reporting team is responsible for building and supporting software applications in use by FMI; in particular, Pharma Reporting Application and associated components. The technical products developed help doctors match patients to more advanced treatment options. This role completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and generates technical documentation and, as such, the incumbent has a high level understanding of the codebase and is self-sufficient in at least one domain of FMI’s architecture. The Software Engineer III makes well-reasoned decisions and trade-offs, is able to work in other parts of the codebase with guidance, and as an experienced practitioner, provides guidance to lower level Software Engineers.
• Create custom programs and applications as designated by business need.
• Schedule cross-functional meetings with project managers, end users and other internal and external stakeholders at pre-set intervals to gather information for requirements.
• Define and document architecture, design requirements, functional requirements, and formal technical specifications based upon information provided.
• Write, test, and refactor code that is:
· Well commented
• Maintain efforts for product or platform to be:
• Ensure code adheres to patterns and any established standards.
• Integrate and deploy code using provisioning tools, release tools, and continuous Integration CI/Continuous Delivery CD pipeline.
• Debug highly complex problems escalated by other team members.
• Engineer installation qualifications and operational qualifications.
• Project Delivery:
• Provide end-to-end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity.
• Perform testing of code and work prior to implementation.
• Help define and participate in software development processes that leverages best practice and supports continuous product delivery.
• Participate in and conduct regular peer design and code reviews.
• Conform to coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Deliver contributions in an Agile approach and leveraging Agile methodology.
• Manage delivery expectations.
• Design initiatives that ensure applications integrate seamlessly with other programs in-use at FMI, including Customer Relationship Management tools, Medical Reporting systems, Billing systems and the Laboratory Information Management System.
• Participate in, and periodically lead, scrum ceremonies.
• Provide software engineering expertise and support to the business per business needs.
• Generally provide fully independent contributions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree AND 4+ years of professional software engineering experience OR 9+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Advanced Degree in Software Engineering, Programming, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
• Technology Certifications
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• 2+ year(s) of experience working with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud platform
• 3+ years of experience and expert knowledge with .NET server-side programming and web development, including but not limited to:
· .NET CORE
· RESTAPI using .NET WebAPI framework
• Experience/Familiarity with modern web technologies and techniques, including but not limited to:
· CSS pre-processors (SASS, Less, Stylus)
• Experience/Familiarity with Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices and containerization/ containerized deployment of software
• Experience building and delivering Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions for applications built on .NET and ReactJs platform
• Experience with REST API development and Writing unit tests
• Solid knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and SCSS
· With distributed computing (HPC)
· With Operating Systems: Windows, EC2s
· Working with relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, Aurora DB
· With Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) using Entity Framework/ NHibernate and query tuning
· writing software in a cloud environment with AWS or a similar cloud platform, including to deploy and maintain deployment of software and other automated processes
• Understanding of Agile software delivery
• Excellent presentation skills and basic knowledge of presentation software
• Experience writing code for cross-browser compatibility
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Ability to work under regulated environment
• Ability to use source control effectively like GitHub
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: Patients, Innovation, Collaboration, and Passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!