Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Software Engineer III on the Data Engineering Team is broadly responsible for building and supporting software applications in use by the business; in particular, FoundationCore and its components. The technical products which are developed by the incumbent filling this position help doctors match patients to more advanced treatment options. This position completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and generates technical documentation.
This Engineer has a high-level understanding of the codebase and is self-sufficient in at least one domain of our architecture. The Software Engineer III makes well-reasoned decisions and trade-offs, is able to work in other parts of the codebase with guidance, and as an experienced practitioner provides guidance to lower level Engineers.
This position is located in Boston, MA and is eligible for both relocation and immigration sponsorship.
· Help to design, develop, and maintain a robust and scalable data platform.
· Write, test, and refactor high quality software that is cloud-native, resilient, secure, and scalable.
· Build batch and streaming pipelines for the analysis of FMI’s data assets.
· Partner with other team members to:
· Investigate design approaches;
· Prototype new technologies; and,
· Evaluate technical feasibility.
· Implement algorithms developed by our data scientists.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including but not limited to automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability.
· Deliver contributions in an Agile approach and leveraging Agile methodology,
· Other duties pertaining to that of a Software Engineer III as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 4+ year(s) of software engineering experience
· Proficiency in at least one of Java or Python
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
· 6+ years of software engineering experience
· Prior life science experience, particularly in genomics and/or bioinformatics
· History of leading and mentoring less experienced software engineers
· Experience with:
· Familiarity with:
· Strong refactoring abilities and test automation skills
· Experience building and delivering Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions
· Understanding of agile software delivery
· Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem-solving with other departments and colleagues
· Understanding of CCPA, HITRUST, HIPAA, other regulations pertinent to data security, and the importance of patient data privacy
· Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!