Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
We are looking for a Software Engineer III to join our Integrations team within Data Technology Products. This group works to integrate FMI’s systems with various external partners to ensure our tests and data can help our partners make more informed treatment decisions. This position completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews and technical documentation. Code created in this position will be reusable, testable, efficient, clean and well commented.
• Create custom programs and applications as designated by business need.
• Schedule cross-functional meetings with project managers, end users and other internal and external stakeholders at pre-set intervals to gather information for requirements.
• Define and document architecture, design requirements, functional requirements, and formal technical specifications based upon information provided.
• Write, test, and refactor code that is:
· Well commented
• Maintain efforts for product or platform to be:
• Ensure code adheres to patterns and any established standards.
• Integrate and deploy code using provisioning tools, release tools, and continuous Integration CI/Continuous Delivery CD pipeline.
• Debug highly complex problems escalated by other team members.
• Engineer installation qualifications and operational qualifications.
• Project Delivery
• Provide end-to-end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity.
• Perform testing of code and work prior to implementation.
• Help define and participate in software development processes that leverages best practice and supports continuous product delivery.
• Participate in and conduct regular peer design and code reviews.
• Conform to coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Deliver contributions in an Agile approach and leveraging Agile methodology.
• Manage delivery expectations.
• Design initiatives that ensure applications integrate seamlessly with other programs in-use at FMI, including Customer Relationship Management tools, Medical Reporting systems, Billing systems and the Laboratory Information Management System.
• Participate in, and periodically lead, scrum ceremonies.
• Provide software engineering expertise and support to the business per business needs.
• Generally provide fully independent contributions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of professional programming experience
• Proficiency in Java and/or Python
• 5+ years of professional programming experience
• Experience in unit and integration testing
· With web application and web servers
· With distributed computing (HPC)
· With Operating Systems: Unix or Unix-like systems
· Working with relational databases
· With Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) and query tuning
· With CI/CD
• Knowledge of a cloud platform
• Genomics domain knowledge
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving within a team, with other engineering teams, and with other departments
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: Patients, Innovation, Collaboration, and Passion
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!