About the Job
The Specialist, Contracts is responsible for independently reviewing, drafting, and negotiating standard FMI agreements; processing contract reviews and approvals using FMI’s contract management system; implementing process enhancements; and managing legal projects.
• Independent review, drafting, and negotiation of a variety of standard FMI agreements in connection with FMI’s day-to-day activities including, but not limited to, commercial agreements, vendor agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements, addenda/amendments, confidentiality agreements, and statements of work.
• Serve as primary contact for internal partners during the contract negotiation phase.
• Input, manage, and track the contract process from initial contract request through execution and storage using FMI’s contract management system.
• Provide status updates on contract negotiations.
• Manage the receipt and tracking of documents required for compliance with government contracts.
• Prepare and populate agreements using FMI standard templates.
• Assist with updating and maintaining standard contract templates customary to FMI’s day-to-day activities.
• Develop and enhance contract processes, including receipt of requests, review, authorization, signatures, and related workflows.
• Assist with reporting on contracts metrics, expiration/renewal, and other reporting requests.
• Assist with responding to mail, telephone, electronic and in-person contracting inquiries, including managing the contracts requests email inbox.
• Assist in developing training materials for various users of the contract management system.
• Engage members of the Legal team as needed to ensure contract compliance with applicable laws and regulations and FMI policies, procedures, and contracting standards.
• Assist with document production requests in connection with litigation matters.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of experience working in a contracts management or paralegal role with direct experience drafting, redlining, and negotiating various types of contracts
• Paralegal Certificate
• Juris Doctor or similar post-graduate degree
• Solid knowledge of life sciences industry terms in legal documents
• Proficiency with:
· electronic signature and document comparison tools
· Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Professional work experience:
· reviewing, negotiating, and drafting a variety of contractual agreements quickly and accurately
· identifying and implementing improvements to contracting process
· identifying and resolving contractual issues in partnership with a legal partner
· working with contract management software
· within the life sciences industry, or in a law firm servicing live sciences clients
· exercising discretion and good judgement in the handling of confidential or proprietary information
• Proven experience providing advice that recognizes and integrates legal risk, business objectives, and negotiation leverage
• History of working effectively, efficiently, and professionally with a wide variety of internal and external parties
• Strong project management skills with an emphasis on organization, prioritization, and diligence in following up on outstanding matters
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and to contribute to collaborative, collegial teamwork
• Flexibility and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple detail-oriented projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-activity environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to FMI’s values: innovation, patients, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.