Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for leading critical technology programs in support of FMI’s Monitoring assay portfolio. The incumbent will partner with the Technology Product Manager and Technology Delivery Lead to define and deliver technology capabilities that enable the diagnostic product roadmap. Additionally, the Program Manager will build and maintain close relationships with Lifecycle team members, key business stakeholders, engineering leadership and delivery teams in order to effectively manage complex software deliverables across multiple technology workstreams. Sr. Program Managers also build the practice for program management in Engineering, including establishing and implementing program execution processes and standards and mentoring other project managers.
Diagnostic Product Lifecycle Team
· Partner with the Technology Product Manager and Technology Delivery lead to facilitate the definition and delivery of new features and capabilities that support the diagnostic product roadmap
· Support the creation and maintenance of the diagnostic product roadmap
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Life Cycle team
· Partner with the CPMO Program Manager to develop and maintain holistic program delivery plans
Intake and Planning
· Partner with the Product Manager to shepherd diagnostic product portfolio requests through the Portfolio Governance Committee and Technology Intake processes
· Organize and manage technology analysis and planning events
· Along with the Technology Product Manager, represent the diagnostic product portfolio requests as an input to the Technology Quarterly Alignment process.
Agile Program Execution
· Ensure programs have clear success criteria that is well understood by all impacted teams and stakeholders
· Develop and maintain Technology program delivery plans and drive the successful delivery of the technology components across multiple teams.
· Effectively collaborate with third parties responsible for the delivery of technology components that are vital to delivery of a complete product
· Monitor program status and track key milestones.
· Identify, track and take actions to mitigate risks to the program.
· Identify, track and take actions to resolves issues that impact the program.
· Ensure program dependencies are understood by impacted teams and actively monitor impacts on the overall program.
· Define key program metrics and continuously measure to understand the health of the program
· When impediments are at the program level, lead the removal of the impediment.
· Adhere to FMI quality standards as part of program execution including regulatory components (e.g., IEC, ISO, FDA and/or other regulatory bodies).
· Foster communication amongst teams; drive teams to self-organize communications, meetings and working agreements.
· Facilitate program level agile ceremonies
· Partner with the delivery teams to ensure alignment between the Technology program plan and team level plans
Contribute to the Agile Program Management Office
· Contribute to best practices, templates and tooling to build predictability and consistency across programs.
· Exemplify a culture of continuous improvement.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of work experience in a program/project manager role
• 3+ years leading teams in an agile environment
• 3+ years of experience leading complex technology programs that require contributions from multiple teams.
• Able to influence others and drive decisions without authority
• Experience with Atlassian tools JIRA, JIRA Portfolio and Confluence
• Experience working in an FDA regulated environment, specifically the medical device industry
• Experience working in a software development environment that complies with IEC 62304, 21 CFR Part 11
• Agile certifications (e.g. Certified Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe)
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Expertise planning and delivering large scale programs with multiple dependencies
• Crafts succinct and logical presentations and confidently present to senior level executive audiences
• Comfortable learning and understanding a large enterprise architecture
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.