About the Job
As a member of the Compliance Department at Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI), the Sr Compliance Associate is responsible for (i) supporting the Compliance Program and (ii) related healthcare-compliance projects. The incumbent has previous experience working in the life sciences industry.
• Identify healthcare compliance-related improvement opportunities in current processes or practices and develop corresponding mitigation plans.
• Lead various projects related to HIPAA & GDPR compliance, including helping the team respond to any changes in the regulatory environment.
• Embed within various departments within the company to offer compliance advice and guidance.
• Represent Compliance as lead on multiple committees.
• Manage compliance-specific inbox daily for any inquiries and promptly resolve.
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program/its related activities and manage day-to-day operation of the Compliance Program.
• Develop and deliver training to ensure that FMI employees are properly trained on compliance resources, risk areas, policies and procedures, and reporting duties.
• Assist with and participate in monitoring and auditing activities to assess and detect risk areas and potential areas of concern within the Compliance Program.
• Assist and participate in compliance investigations arising from alleged instances of non-compliance.
• Keep apprised of compliance trends in life sciences and incorporate improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of experience in a compliance role, legal compliance, or related role
• 2+ years of experience in a life sciences company
• Juris Doctor, Master's of Business Administration/MBA or Master's of Public Health Degree
• Familiarity with healthcare fraud and abuse regulations, including the Anti-Kickback statute, False Claims Act, and Stark Act
• Demonstrated understanding of policies and procedures related to healthcare compliance issues, including any recent developments in the field
• Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
• Strong professional and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: patients, passion, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.