About the Job
The Senior Director, Business Operations & Customer Experience is a key member of the BioPharma Business Unit (BU) and BioPharma Leadership Team (BLT). BioPharma is one of two business units at FMI who are building deep relationships with FMI’s Biotech/Pharma/Research customers to transform cancer care and research through FMI’s molecular profiling and solutions. This role is responsible for driving core operational capabilities that yield exceptional customer experience through all touchpoints and improve operating and financial performance. This position is responsible for building and leading a small team of operational and process-excellence staff, collaborating extensively with functions within FMI that support the BU and/or delivery to customers.
• Customer-Delivery Operations:
• Financial and Market Analysis:
• Capabilities & Leadership:
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s or advanced degree in business or scientific discipline
• 12+ years of experience in product or program management or consulting in the biopharmaceutical/biotech/diagnostics industry
• 5+ years of experience in team & people leadership in a matrixed organization
• Experience working in dynamic and growing teams; demonstrated ability to operate and deliver in a fast-paced environment and with ambiguity
• Experience with core operational processes including forecasting, demand-capacity planning and modeling, financial business reviews and tracking, Intake-to-Contract, Order-to-Cash and others
• Experience with market analysis activities including competitive and landscape analysis, and market research
• Process mapping and improvement experience including frameworks such as agile, lean
• Expertise developing and measuring KPIs including financial performance, operational/process (delivery) performance and customer satisfaction
• Agility with numbers and data and ability to translate data into actionable insights
• Ability to translate customer insights/voice into scorecards and improvement plans
• Effective communication skills with the ability to influence cross-functionally
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.