About the Job
The Senior Director, Process Excellence is responsible for driving successful implementation and consistent delivery for improvement of end to end processes across the FMI enterprise enabling the organization to continue to rapidly grow, and drive towards profitability while establishing a stable foundation of effectiveness through a LEAN system. The position oversees the implementation of Operational Excellence and Business Process Management to ensure sustainable process improvement. The Sr Director is responsible for measuring and reporting results to ensure enterprise change initiatives to deliver expected business results. Primarily, the position focuses on Operational Excellence and Business Process methodologies for growth, strategic, and transactional process improvements. Infectious commitment to methodology to methodology and experience development the appropriate mindset and capabilities for an organization to flourish. The Sr Director PE practitioner leads large and small, complex improvement projects from concept to demonstrated performance outcomes that sustain across the FMI enterprise. Projects are strategically aligned with the organizational goals and are advanced using improvement methodologies (LEAN Six Sigma, Agile, BPM, etc) including measurement, analysis, improvement planning and reporting of project results. With minimal guidance, the Sr Director will lead leaders of a OpEx / BPM organization and coach and mentor FMI employees.
• Operational Excellence
· Act as a change agent to instill a Continuous Improvement mindset across the using process and metrics-driven performance.
· Lead through Operational Excellence Methodologies, LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Hoshin Planning, Balanced Scorecards, etc.
· Drive targeted, sustainable improvement by implementing problem solving skills and change management processes at an enterprise level.
· Promote and influence the senior leadership team to practice the principles of a Lean system.
· Drive strategic level priorities to ensure development of improvement road-maps.
· Execute upon initiatives to drive cross-functional system effectiveness.
· Support focused deployment of Lean tools across the organization to assure excellence in operational execution.
• Program Leadership and Management
· Drive enterprise wide initiatives to align to long-term priorities.
· Drive the development of the following: Voice of Customer, Voice of Business, personal accountability, and unyielding commitment to results.
· Coach the Operational Excellence team through appropriate decision-making through the ability to analyze options and implications.
• Business Process Excellence
· Document business processes across the enterprise, including the Lab Operations organization.
· Identify, understand, and evaluate key business processes to determine their effectiveness in meeting business objectives and to minimize waste.
· Develop a network of business process owners that can focus on key processes, define inputs and outputs, assign roles and responsibilities in every process, document and measure the process, and improve the process.
· Develop and implement an empowered organization willing to experiment and learn, to deliver effective and efficient solutions leveraging a network Green and Black belt Six Sigma program to train staff and scale capabilities across the organization.
· Drive standardized approach for processes (e.g., root cause analysis) and toolkit for the organization.
· Support the goal-setting planning efforts across US Lab Operations, and drive the monthly / quarterly business review process to ensure effective management of goals and objectives.
· Collaborate with internal and external business partners for bench-marking performance, to build the knowledge of industry best practices, and to guide project implementation decision-making.
· Coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of the business that impact development projects.
• People Management
· Lead and supervise a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals by providing guidance, coaching, direction and development activities.
· Execute initiatives for diversity that enable all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
· Provide input to functional leaders on team and team member performance.
• This position requires periodic domestic and international travel (up to 35%).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of professional experience in facilitating Lean process improvement projects and implementing Lean systems
• Lean Sigma Black Belt Certification
• 8+ years of leading Strategic Operational Excellence teams
• Proficiency in Lean and Kaizen methodologies
• Proficient in Class A / Oliver Wight Business Process Management
• Working knowledge of Food and Drug Administration, International Organization for Standardization, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments and College of American Pathologist regulations
• Demonstrated ability of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow within time and resource constraints
• Demonstrated proficiency applying Lean principles in a variety of situations
• Knowledge of and work experience with FDA regulated products
• Previous experience managing lab development and expansion programs
• Knowledge of quality system use for the creation and continued compliance of products
• Experience working with intercultural teams
• Strong interpersonal communication skills both internal and external to company
• Proficiency with project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management
• Strong leadership, negotiation and conflict management skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: patients, passion, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.