Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Senior Director, Product Operations sits in the Technology Product Management organization and manages a team of individuals responsible for working with the value stream product management leads to form a four quarter product road-map. The Senior Director provides guidance in maintaining and disseminating that road-map alongside other important data reflective of the activities undertaken by the organization. The incumbent will work with various teams to drive technology and product strategy for existing and next-generations systems supporting a specific diagnostic product. This individual works across the enterprise to establish best practices for how the Technology Product Management organization intakes work, and brings a product-centric approach to the technology strategy and delivery.
• Effectively manage a cross-functional organization of product operations managers and scrum masters.
• Serve as an agile practice leader to drive consistency of process across the entire technology organization.
• Work with the Diagnostic Lifecycle teams to drive technology and product strategy for existing and next-generation systems supporting a specific diagnostic product (Tissue, Liquid, Monitoring, etc.).
• Work with value stream leads to create and maintain a rolling four quarter product road-map.
• Publish a monthly product update that disseminates the rolling four quarter road-map along with other important information, including larger product strategy, performance against OKRs, and spotlights on product innovation.
• Align and closely collaborate with product and technology teams to effectively manage complex software deliverables that enable a diagnostic product across multiple technology work-streams.
• Evangelize agile processes across the organization and spearhead the consistent implementation of agile process across the Technology organization.
• Assist in structuring of an intake and prioritization process that relies heavily on a data backed approach for deriving business value.
• Foster a product culture that understands the importance of learning and iteration.
• Travel up to 25% for work meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in product management or product-focused roles, preferably with experience in the technology or biotechnology industries
• 5+ years experience managing teams that cover a number of disciplines and focus areas
• MBA preferred
• 7+ years of experience successfully leading and growing highly effective and impactful teams
• Extensive experience:
· within product management in the healthcare or biotechnology industries
· in hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
· in software development lifecycle models and processes, especially Agile (Scrum Framework)
· with all of the following: oncology, biotech, life sciences or other diagnostic or healthcare related domain
• In-depth understanding of business strategy, finance, and metrics
• Experience communicating complex ideas to internal and external stakeholders resulting in successful launch of products, from business case through product delivery and management
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with pro-active approach to problem solving
• Strong communication and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization in generating buy-in for plans and ideas
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.