About the Job
The Sr Dir, Strategic Partnership Leader oversees a team of SPLs (Strategic Partnership Leaders) who are responsible for developing partnership strategies and managing and driving growth with a specific set of FMI’s strategic Biopharma partners. This position is responsible for ensuring success and growth for a large part of FMI’s Biopharma partnership portfolio, including by resource balancing across the team, managing and mentoring team members, and developing deep relationships with senior individuals at partner companies. The Sr Dir, SPL also supports and empowers the team to work creatively to provide tailored services to meet the ever-evolving customer needs. This position is part of the broader Business Partnerships & Alliances team tasked with delivering a cohesive approach to business development and alliance management in support of FMI’s more established Biopharma partnerships.
• Lead a group of leaders (Strategic Partnership Leaders) who are driving business with FMI’s established partners, and who are themselves managing direct reports.
• Manage achievement of a significant portion of FMI’s revenue, ensuring that account plans, including elements focused on both execution and growth, are clear and achievable.
• Tap into deep knowledge of the industry and Oncology therapeutic development trends, as well as FMI’s portfolio, to advise the team on ways to serve as a thought partner to biopharma companies on their precision medicine initiatives and identify new, innovative partnership opportunities across FMI’s products and solutions.
• Balance resources across the team to ensure that each partnership is well supported and that each team member’s workloads are manageable.
• Support partnerships as a point of escalation, both in service of deal negotiations, broader relationship or governance matters.
• Identify key trends in the market, partners’ approaches or customer experience and proactively share those with the rest of the Biopharma leadership team.
• Mentor and support team members’ learning and professional growth.
• Leverage support from senior leadership within Biopharma and across FMI, including at Executive Team level, to drive and retain business and to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Maintain availability to work outside of a regularly scheduled shift.
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or a scientific discipline
• 10+ years of professional business development/alliance management experience in a diagnostic or data/insights company with a focus in Oncology
• 3+ years of experience leading people and managing dynamic teams
• Advanced degree in business or a scientific discipline
• 12+ years of professional business development/alliance management experience in a diagnostic or data/insights company with a focus in Oncology
• 5+ years of experience leading people and managing dynamic teams
• Scientific and strong business/business development experience including ability to negotiate, execute and close deals
• Experience with the principles and approaches of Alliance Management, including joint problem solving, managing escalations, removing barriers for joint teams and managing governance
• Strong knowledge and credibility in the oncology market, both US and internationally
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.