About the Job
The Senior Director, Technology Operations oversees the end-to-end lab operations, manufacturing systems, automation and associated lab implications, and related projects. The incumbent serves as the liaison and single point of contact between the Informatics, Software Engineering, and Lab Operations teams. The position ensures effective, strong cross-collaboration between organizations on products with lab implications and contributes to the long-term growth strategy of all lab workflows at FMI. The Senior Director ensures processes and systems operate at maximum efficiency enabling FMI to contribute timely life changing results. In partnership with key stakeholders, the incumbent works to create a full Lab Operations roadmap, as well as a short- and long-term strategy for implementation of automation, system integration, and high performance.
• Lead a team of diverse automation and technology engineers, scientist, and experts to ensure Lab Operations needs are met through end-to-end system partnership for long term sustainability and efficiency.
· Manage the strategic framework for laboratory systems at FMI in alignment with wider organizational needs.
• Develop a strategic roadmap for the Lab technology and systems; develop a systems lifecycle strategy and roadmap; develop network-level and local strategies across all sites.
• Design and track progress on technical and Lab Operations objectives.
• Break-down complex business needs and translate them into actionable system level projects to address those needs.
• Generate technology investment proposals linking organizational and customer requirements (e.g., costs, speed, quality) and technologies.
• Lead systems implementation projects with multi-disciplinary teams for solid and liquid tumor technologies, next generation sequencing technologies, and Lab systems architecture.
• Drive project planning, track timelines, milestones, objectives, and priorities for technology projects and provide regular updates to leadership.
• Develop scalable solutions to meet the needs of the business today and in the future; harmonize and implement network-level solutions.
• Oversee and manage system integrations end-to-end, including Automation.
• Responsible for building and overseeing lab workflows globally.
• Participation in specialized projects for CBO metrics, tumor boards, pipeline improvements, and CBO workflow efficiencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 12+ years of experience in a technical lab operations function
• 6+ years of experience directly managing people in a leadership role
• Automation, engineering, technology experience in pharma or diagnostic company
• Experience working in a global, matrix environment
• Excellent collaboration and partnership skills with decisive decision making
• Strong change management skills and a proven track record of effectively driving organizational change and innovation
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.