About the Job
Senior Director, Commercial Programs (SDCP) leads a team of individuals who support customers to optimize their engagement with FMI and the company's testing experiences. Through active account planning/management, data sharing opportunities, workflow integrations, and other collaborations, this team aims to support patients, physicians, and organized groups’ interests beyond FMI test results.
The SDCP is a source of comprehensive customer feedback related to the experiences made available to the marketplace. The SDCP leads the team to collect, summarize, and share the voice of the customer related to using FMI, engaging with our processes, and sharing data and information in organized ways. This feedback is used to accurately represent current experiences, suggest recommendations for changes and improvements, and ideation for future services and experience-based products. The incumbent works collaboratively with internal partners such as strategic insights, field sales, strategic relationships managers, national accounts, marketing, medical affairs, technology, product development, and legal to ensure strategic objectives for FMI and our customers are met.
Given these strengths in understanding customer needs and interests, the SDCP represents FMI in engaging with customers and organized groups to consider future opportunities and engagements. The SDCP organizes FMI’s overall efforts in customer development, liasing as needed with personnel across Sales and Key Account Management teams.
The position covers the entire US market and requires regular (up to 50%) overnight travel.
• Lead a team to support customers in their data sharing and workflow integration processes with FMI.
• Execute the overall customer-facing workflow integration and ease-of-use strategies.
• Develop short- and long-term strategic vision for the overall Commercial Programs Team.
• Motivate and inspire the Commercial Programs Team to achieve exceptional performance.
• Support team members on their achievement of customer and project goals and projections through coaching and instruction.
• Gather and evaluate relevant feedback and data, create plans, monitor market trends and competitor activities, effectively share / represent with relevant colleagues, and initiate effective responses, leading by best practice examples.
• Collaborate with our Sales, Operations, Payer, Strategic Relationships, National Accounts, Strategic Insights, Medical Affairs, Client Services, Technology, Marketing, IT, and Product Development teams, working closely with them to execute upon existing and new strategic relationships and opportunities.
• Collaborate with external partners and groups, working closely with them to execute upon existing and new strategic relationships and opportunities.
• Provide ongoing, regular business reviews, and mentor team to conduct account-specific business reviews as necessary.
• Maintain high level of product and market knowledge.
• Travel up to 50%, primarily to Cambridge, MA, customer sites, and industry meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of experience in commercial, sales, or marketing roles within the biotechnology, life sciences, research products, or healthcare industries
• 5+ years of direct managerial experience
• Master’s Degree
• 12+ years of business development or commercial experience, including work with implementation into a large organizational entity
• 10+ years of experience:
· Communicating scientific, medical, and technical information to a variety of audiences
· With oncology clinic leadership, field leadership, and key opinion leaders
• Negotiating contracts within a healthcare or life sciences environment
• Familiarity with:
· Oncology, oncology practice management, and genomics by training or experience
· Data science (e.g., statistics, clinical research, or analytics)
• Record of wining, maintaining, and growing presence within designated areas
• Record of high productivity and results
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and approach to customer accounts
• Experience with values-based selling in a healthcare environment
• Track record of successful cross-functional collaboration on initiatives and problem solving
• Flexibility and experience collaborating effectively with a broad range of personnel
• Comprehensive understanding and experience with various industry trends and market segments and industry trends
• Knowledge of regional market trends, strategic planning, and development sales strategy and tactical implementation across territories
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
• Advanced presentation skills
• Demonstrated success in recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining talent
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.