Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The IT Business Partner (ITBP) has the overall responsibility to serve as the strategic interface with assigned business units or functional area for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management, and relationship management. The ITBP serves as the business relationship link between business units and IT at the executive level. The ITBP provides highly valued strategic consulting level support and guidance through key IT initiatives. They communicate decisions, priorities, and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, projects, and initiatives. They proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. They partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance).
The ITBP proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the primary IT point of contact to business line executives and managers. They operate as the key business contact representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities. The ITBP provides support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the business. The ITBP focuses on strategic initiatives and planning activities for their business area. They strive to understand market challenges, including customer priorities and competitive issues. ITBP’s facilitate the investment intake process and the high level planning and execution of business initiatives through the use of technology. They serve a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing governance of solution roadmaps and ensures successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
• Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas.
• Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
• Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
• Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors.
• Collaborates with FMI Procurement Team in vendor relationship management, including: RFP process for new solutions, managing renewals and licenses, and facilitating QBR meetings.
• Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
• Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
• Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
• Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
• Oversee the launch of solutions and has overall accountability to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
• Work with technical team to define the optimal support model for new solutions.
• Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs.
• Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans.
• Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
• Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
• Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
• Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• owning the contracting process,
• owning the contracting process,
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in computer science, business administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience;
• 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years developing and executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of human resources, legal, corporate compliance, corporate communications and quality business functions. Oracle HCM, Cornerstone, Master Control, Conga CMS knowledge is a strong plus.
· Master’s Degree in computer science, business administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience
• Prior experience with Agile software development in a technical business environment
• Ability to oversee organizational change management for new solutions / implementations
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to collaborate within cross-functional teams and build relationships across functional areas
• Experience working in a life sciences organization
• Strong analytical, technical and organizational skills
• Strong listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of requirements for software development in an FDA regulated environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.