The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Senior Manager, Franchise Development helps the Franchise Development Lead to lead the design and implementation of a designated product or portion of the clinical product portfolio. The position is responsible for directing releases and features of the designated product(s) and their respective workflows, in close collaboration with departmental and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Develop the scope, risk, and performance characteristics for new product introduction or continuation programs aligned with product lifecycle strategy.
· Schedule and run meetings and/or events with the purpose of fostering team ownership and commitment to product plans.
· Provide structured thinking to project team on overall including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources.
· Lead project phase reviews that define and track key project metrics.
· Conduct brainstorms and other sessions to curate new ideas for product development, incorporating feedback and current information.
· Assimilate new information into the product roadmap as identified.
· Produce reports and information on the product development status for assigned projects.
· Lead the cross-functional team in execution of workflows related to the complete product cycle and new product releases.
· Act as point of contact for team in cross-functional communications
· Generate communications related to program and product plan activities, progress, milestones, obstacles, and plans.
· Maintain in-depth troubleshooting knowledge regarding the designated product.
· Rapidly resolve critical issues that impact delivery.
· Perform other duties assigned.
· Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology or a related field
· 4+ years of industry experience within Product Development
· Doctorate Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology or a related field
· Established knowledge base regarding NGS technology and biomarker development.
· Prior work experience in cancer diagnostics, ideally in a regulated, industrial setting.
· Prior experience developing and overseeing the execution of development programs
· Knowledge of clinical product development, including regulatory guidelines and processes.
· Interpretation of complex data sets (scientific, business, and financial), clinical trial designs and scientific or clinical publications.
· Experience in building relationships based on trust both internal and external to an organization.
· Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
· Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
· Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.