About the Job
The Sr. Manager of Medical Information is a core member of the Content Team within Medical Affairs, and is responsible for meeting the medical information needs of external customers and internal business. This position leverages information on internal and external developments, trends in precision medicine, and other dynamics relevant for FMI core business in maintaining a fully current view and perspective of external influences. The Sr. Manager of Medical Information brings consistency across all medical and scientific communication activities, and drives excellence and innovation in these areas.
• Develop the medical information strategy for FMI core business and pharma collaborations in partnership with the rest of the Content Team, Medical Science Liaisons, and the broader Medical Affairs Team.
• Orchestrate a medical information and communication strategy framework through integrated clinical stories for the dissemination of clinical data and medical value of FMI products.
• Manage all medical information focused activities.
• Maintain record of the audience, channels, and content of all medical and scientific communication activities throughout the lifecycle of FMI products for pre- and post-launch phases.
• Conduct periodic assessments of impacts of medical information strategy. Ensure consistent and value-based measurements of all medical education activities.
• Drive, coordinate, and assist in communicating activities related to pre-congress medical education materials.
• Provide project updates to the Medical Affairs Team and other relevant stakeholders.
• Assist in preparation of presentations for advisory boards and/or dedicated sections related to the relevant areas.
• Assist with budget planning and tracking of the respective areas and activities in close collaboration with the Events Manager and the Medical Affairs Team.
• Collaborate on prioritization, delegation and alignment discussions with vendors.
• Cross-functional support of the med info specialists with ensuring they have high quality, standardized customer-facing content.
• Adhere with legal, regulatory, market access, and company codes and standards.
• Complete all mandatory trainings on global procedures, guidelines, policies, and standard operating procedures relating to medical communications.
• Assists with medical input into the marketing plans, market access strategy, government affairs strategy, promotional content, and other business relevant matters.
• Travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• One of the following two education and experience combinations:
· Master of Science and 4+ years of professional experience in the biotechnology industry, OR
· Doctor of Philosophy Degree and 2+ years of professional experience in the biotechnology industry
• Medical affairs, clinical development, medical information, or medical communications experience
• Conference planning and management & Advisory Boards experience is preferred
• 6+ years of professional experience in the biotechnology industry for MS; 3+ years of professional experience in the biotechnology industry for PhD
• Preclinical and clinical oncology biomarker research, companion diagnostic project management, and/or product marketing experience
• Track record in leading medical education and communications in collaboration with scientific experts
• Experience in interpreting and presenting scientific data involving next generation sequencing technology
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
• Experience in external agency management and in budget management
• Understanding of drug and companion diagnostic development process and regulatory/ legal environment for companion diagnostic development
• Strong presentation and leadership skills
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.