About the Job
The Senior Medical Science Liaison for the South-Central region (Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Birmingham, Jackson, Little Rock) develops and expands a strong network of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to support FMI’s commercial and scientific objectives. The position is responsible for initiating and sustaining an exchange of scientific information with key external customers and internal teams, such as by conducting scientific presentations to health care providers, with the goal of emphasizing the strengths of FMI’s existing products as well as with future development initiatives. This role is substantively similar to the Medical Science Liaison role, but as a more senior position, the incumbent will address more complex scientific questions, promotes and develops access to key thought leaders in their assigned region and utilizes these relationships to further FMI’s collaboration efforts on educational and research opportunities.
• Identify potential stakeholders and partners within assigned region(s) including, but not limited to, KOLs, clinical and research leaders, academicians, clinicians, medical directors, and other health care providers.
• Provide regular support and education regarding disease state awareness and FMI clinical data to stakeholders.
• Facilitate advanced education regarding FMI products in the hematology, oncology, and pathology communities as a scientific expert through presentations and scientific exchange.
• Facilitate FMI’s involvement in national, regional and local scientific forums, including symposia, tumor boards, and training meetings.
• Contribute to advanced scientific messaging for promotional materials.
• Develop and create materials such as slide decks, training materials, white papers, monographs, case report summaries, and clinical synopses.
• Maintain medical affairs initiations and interactions by liaising and exchanging scientific information with physicians and KOLs in oncology and pathology settings.
• Integrate efforts with Medical Affairs for organization of scientific advisory boards, key opinion leader management, coordination of clinical trials, and execution of publication strategy.
• Gather market intelligence on competitor products and new products in development.
• Provide leadership and strategies to develop advocates for FMI and its products.
• Provide prompt response to complex scientific and genomic inquiries from health care providers.
• Assist with identification of investigator-initiated studies, guiding through the approval process and monitoring study progress.
• Travel within assigned territory (daily), and to company meetings (bi-annually).
· Ability to travel within the designated region 70+% of working time and outside the designated region up to 5% of working time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in medicine or genetics-related field
• 2+ years of work experience as a Medical Science Liaison in a diagnostic, biotech, pharmaceutical, or other life sciences company
• PhD, MD, or PharmD
• 3+ years of work experience as a Medical Science Liaison in a diagnostics, biotech or pharmaceutical company
• Residing or plan to relocate to assigned geography
• Oncology experience
• Familiarity with CLIA, LDT, Sunshine Act (2013), AdvaMed Guidelines
• Deep understanding of principal cancer patient management algorithms and clinical utility of laboratory-developed molecular tests
• History of success maintaining relationships with key health care professionals and staff (thought leaders, KOLs, and others) to drive strategic sales and marketing solutions and leverage customer relationships for increased market share
• Expertise in market analysis, market access strategy, and territory planning
• Strong business acumen
• Willingness to travel often and on relatively short notice
• Exceptional communication skills and experience training and teaching others
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.