About the Job
The Senior Manager, Biopharma Training serves as the training lead for the Biopharma team. This individual works in partnership with the Product & Capabilities Training (P&CT) trainers to develop and execute a broad training curriculum for the Biopharma team to aid in onboarding and development for the various roles within the Biopharma team throughout their tenure with FMI. Our Biopharma division is focused on providing end-to-end solutions to Biopharma research and development organizations across the continuum of drug development (discovery through commercialization). Our end-to-end solutions encompass our portfolio of FDA approved CGP tests, RUO CGP tests, and a broad portfolio of products leveraging real-world clinical genomic data.
• Leads the development and implementation of all product and critical skills curriculum for Biopharma-related training – from onboarding throughout tenure, as required – using an array of varied learning modalities (i.e. virtual solutions, instructor-led, self-guided, etc.).
• Manages and facilitates obligatory training events (i.e onboarding, new hire live training, webinars, etc.) and partners with the P&CT Operational Excellence Specialist to coordinate.
• Partners with other trainers across FMI’s L&D and P&CT to ensure maximum leverage of existing resources, tools, programs, content, etc.
• Partners with marketing team members to ensure a tactical deployment of marketing strategy and messaging.
• Continuously monitors the validity of Biopharma training programs and resources against market shifts and new drug development to improve the learning curricula, course content, training approach, system, and delivery based on market changes and new drug development.
• Analyzes regular feedback from stakeholders on effectiveness of programs and performs continual needs assessments using various methods – observation, survey (360 and subjective), and market-based to identify gaps and inform solutions that align with strategies and goals of the target audience.
• Provides periodic feedback to both P&CT team and Biopharma team leadership, identifying knowledge gaps using a solutions-minded approach.
• Collaborates with internal subject matter experts and other resources for the purpose of refining and delivering best-in-industry content across the Biopharma team.
• Streamlines the approval and management of all materials and resources per FMI corporate/regulatory guidelines.
• Actively and regularly pursues continued personal education and awareness of the field, product, disease state(s)/indication(s) and surrounding marketplace developments and incorporates these into learning matrix.
• Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of commercial activities.
• Travels domestically up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a science or health discipline
• 5+ years of professional experience in the diagnostics, biotechnology, healthcare or life sciences industries
• Graduate Degree in a science or health discipline
• 2+ years of work experience within biopharma drug development and/or commercialization space
• 2+ years of hands-on experience developing and delivering sales training
• 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing, B2B sales role
• Prior experience:
· Successfully educating and/or supporting members of a commercially based team at various levels of a pharma/biotech organization (C-suite, clinical, life cycle leaders, etc.)
· Supporting team members and peers in the field, informally developing their skills and abilities
· In product launch, particularly in oncology or rare disease
· Successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
· Meeting and/or exceeding project deadlines
• Experience with curriculum development, course design, and training effectiveness
• Experience with conducting formal learning needs assessments and inferring solutions and building plans from the findings
• Strong understanding of the biotech and pharma drug development process
• Knowledgeable about market dynamics (competition, customer needs, solution-based offerings)
• Strong knowledge of training practices, principles and methods
• Proven ability to be agile and innovative in project approach and capable of operating in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Strong selling skills demonstrating competency as it relates to complex sales (competitive markets, multiple decision makers, etc)
• Strong business acumen and the ability to transfer these skills via training and adult learning methodologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation and meeting management skills, both in person and virtually
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, as well as prioritization and project management skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.