About the Job
The Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence in Strategic Insights & Analytics is a strategic thought partner to key stakeholders and an integral contributor to FMI’s strategic planning efforts.
He/she is responsible for providing competitive and strategic insights across FMI (Commercial, Biopharma, Data, Medical, R&D and Operations organizations) leveraging their expertise to monitor and track the competitive landscape including competitor and customer activities, conduct threat assessments (including timelines and probability of launch assessments), and partner with key FMI cross-functional partners to align on implications for the FMI portfolio.
• Use market and product understanding to inform research approaches.
• Provide an objective commercial viewpoint based on in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial, clinical, and scientific competitive information (includes attendance and coverage of key medical conferences).
• Understand competitor profiles and drivers to develop competitive strategies.
• Lead competitive threat assessments to develop rigorous team assumptions about key competitors; lead CI communications (alerts) to inform the organization about key competitive events and implications to FMI, provide situational analysis support for business planning, launch or competitor readiness reviews, etc.
• Collaborate within cross-functional teams to develop solutions, gain alignment and deliver impactful business insights; engage necessary stakeholders to enable better decision-making.
• Openly share perspective and insights to elevate team thinking and drive a balanced, holistic point of view; effectively weigh and communicate trade-off considerations.
• Take an enterprise mindset, linking individual responsibilities with broader organization; focus on outcomes that provide most business value.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• 8+ years of combined graduate study and work experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech / life sciences industry in a competitive intelligence capacity is required (industry or management consulting experience)
• PhD in the life sciences strongly preferred-- this role requires scientific understanding of oncology therapeutics and diagnostics, and the ability to translate scientific literature into business impact assessments
• Prior experience working in oncology-related field
• Demonstrated experience managing outside vendors
• Demonstrated scientific understanding of oncology therapeutics and diagnostics
• Demonstrated ability to translate scientific literature into business impact assessments
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability, breaking down complex problems into distinct parts, managing uncertainty, understanding, anticipating interdependencies
• Demonstrated comfort in an entrepreneurial environment
• Expertise in standard analysis and presentation software (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work effectively in a fluid, cross-functional matrixed environment and stand out as a successful collaborator
• Ability to proactively “connect the dots” by asking thought-provoking questions
• Ability to remain objective when presenting insights and guiding decision-making; demonstrate good presentation skills by pairing sound analytics with storytelling
• Ability to stay motivated to continuously improve performance; outcomes-focused and driven to achieve objectives
• Ability to lean in and manage through change
• Strong interpersonal skills and a consultative mindset, with the ability to develop strong partnerships
• Strong sense of responsibility
• Strong attention to detail
• Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.