About the Job
The Senior Manager, Field Operations Systems & Reporting plays an important role in ensuring that our field teams have the tools, resources, and technology they need to successfully execute their roles and ultimately help FMI achieve its mission of transforming cancer care. The Field Operations team is focused on field automation and enablement tools/technology, master data management and data stewardship of commercial data, incentive compensation plan administration and operations, field reporting and field operational support. This individual contributor partners closely with other members of the Field Operations Team, with the Strategic Insights, Analytics & Enablement Team as well as stake holders within the Field and Marketing Teams, IT and beyond.
• Analysis & Reporting
· Partner with field teams, Marketing, Strategic Insights Analytics & Enablement and IT to develop data reporting tools, templates and dashboards for field teams and biopharma partners.
· Prepare and/or design key reports and validate report output for distribution to various user groups in the organization.
· Programmatically mine and handle customer data to drive sales motion.
• Master Data Management
· Manage quality of customer master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
· Identify areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
· Assist in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the organization is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
· Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
• Field Technology & Systems
· Perform a variety of application and database administration, technical and maintenance tasks to support application operations, troubleshooting of application performance, inspects and resolves system problems quickly and efficiently.
· Test application patches/upgrades and or operating system updates.
· Partner with IT and other internal teams to manage all aspects of users’ security and licenses within the various enablement platforms (PowerBI, CRM, RxVantage etc.)
· Ensure that all field enablement and automation platforms adhere to FMI’s compliance policies.
• Continuous Improvement, Cross-functional support and other duties
· Act as a trusted business partner to internal stakeholders keeping your ‘customer’s needs’ top of mind
· Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in our systems and processes (both in house and in the field) that provide value to our employees and customers (efficiency and elimination of manual tasks.)
· Learn and understand all aspects of the testing process at Foundation Medicine and be equipped to thoroughly investigate and resolve client and sales concerns.
· Support all process and workflow documentation initiatives (operating procedures, templates, etc.) as needed.
· Support all training initiatives as needed in partnership with training and development as needed.
· Participate in all business meetings as well as functions.
· Backup support for Field / Business Operations team members as needed.
· Travel internationally/domestically up to 15% of the time.
· Other duties or projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in BI Report development and design within Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, etc.
• Experience in healthcare, diagnostics or biopharma industry, in a business or sales operations department
• Experience working with MS Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and/or Access
• Prior experience supporting change, working well within conflicts to eliminate roadblocks, and placing a high value on client satisfaction
• Experience in customer service; providing end user support by resolving technical problems
• In-depth knowledge of database architecture and back-end of commercial systems
• Solid understanding of ETL tools for data sourcing and integration or other experience using data gathering tools (building and accessing tables, SQL queries, access, excel - pivot tables, look-ups)
• Demonstrated ability to take high initiative and follow-through, while seeking opportunities to contribute beyond their role
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and capable of delivering results that exceed expectations
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced setting
• Ability to simplify a complex situation into a clear and concise message
• Strong organizational, operational and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.