About the Job
The Senior Forecasting Manager, Strategic Insights & Analytics (SIA) analyzes market, product, and portfolio opportunities of strategic interest to Foundation Medicine. The position is responsible for determining the market potential of new and existing products and services (forecasting), supporting the development of the market and competitive financial outlook, and supporting short and long-term portfolio financial planning cycles. This role requires strong attention to detail, superior analytical capabilities, a curious and innovative mindset, enthusiasm to engage with stakeholders at all levels across the organization, and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
• Manage forecasting creation, including project planning, forecast development, analytical tools development, and presentation of analysis; leverage knowledge of a broad range of forecasting approaches, knowledge of industry and customers, and understanding of portfolio strategy to develop forecasts that support annual, mid-range, and long-range planning.
• Build and maintain robust forecasting models independently; develop and maintain regular reporting to support organizational planning efforts.
• Conduct quantitative market research to assess market, customer, and product demand; collaborate with cross-functional partners (CI, Market Insights, Data Analytics, Finance, Sales, Life Cycle Teams, etc) to identify relevant insights, develop analysis and inform deliverables.
• Support investment and opportunity analysis (NPV, business case development, etc).
• Provide objective quantitative analyses to address critical business questions.
• Keep abreast of the diagnostic and oncology markets to ensure development of robust, strategic assessments.
• Produce and present executive level presentations on forecast and opportunity assessments with strong, logical, data-driven analysis.
• Travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or scientific discipline
• 6+ years of forecasting and market modeling experience in the diagnostics, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industry
• Advanced Excel programming and modeling capabilities
• Strong proficiency in demand forecasting, uncertainty analyses, e.g., Monte Carlo simulation, and higher-level statistics
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant advanced Degree
• Prior management consulting experience
• Experience designing business intelligence reports to monitor and visualize demand performance (e.g. Tableau, PowerBi, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to execute on multiple projects in a fast-paced, results-orientated work environment
• "Self-starter"; strong sense of responsibility with demonstrable comfort in an entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to work effectively in a fluid, cross-functional matrixed environment and stand out as a successful collaborator
• Strong interpersonal skills and a consultative mindset, with the ability to develop strong partnerships
• Good problem-solving ability, breaking down complex problems into distinct parts, managing uncertainty, and understanding and anticipating interdependencies
• Ability to proactively “connect the dots” by asking thought-provoking questions
• Objective when presenting insights and guiding decision-making
• Excellent presentation skills, effectively pairing sound analytics with storytelling, and strong proficiency with presentation tools (PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong communication, prioritization, and influencing skills
• Innate sense of curiosity and drive for results
• Motivated to continuously improve performance; outcomes-focused and driven to achieve objectives
• Able to lean in and manage through change
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.