Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Sr Product Owner assists in executing the product vision and roadmap, with a focus on ensuring that FMI’s products meet the needs of our business partners and stakeholders. By serving as the Sr Product Owner on 2 or more high velocity scrum teams, this position is responsible for understanding both the needs of the business and the applications in detail to facilitate communication between software development teams and our customers.
• Build a deep backlog of detailed epics and user stories based on the product vision and corresponding strategic roadmap.
• Work directly with the development team(s) to clarify business objectives and priorities in order to facilitate proper breakdown and grooming of large and small initiatives.
• Work directly with Product Management leads to ensure cohesion between strategic goals and actual deliverables, including timeline and milestone commitments.
• Collaborate with and empower the development teams to:
o proactively identify areas of improvement
o help balance proper design & implementation for scale, resilience, compliance & best practices on the one hand and features & functionality on the other.
• Create and maintain excellent documentation for clarity and transparency
o Product page(s) describing purpose, capabilities, helpful links and information
o Research spikes, studies and metrics justifying product decisions
o Product release details
• Partner with the scrum master and the rest of the dev team to continuously improve processes, ceremonies and activities in order to minimize sprint friction & risks, and maximize consistency and efficiency
• Own the QA Validation process for any product or service that needs to be validated; authoring and compiling documentation, work with QA for reviews and approvals, work with the dev team to ensure they follow QA process of documentation and change requests
• Bachelor’s Degree in a life science, computer science, technology, mathematics, engineering or a related discipline
• 4+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Product Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or Associate Product Manager in a software environment
· Experience leading product and/or cross functional teams
· Experience working in a software development environment that complies with International Electrotechnical Commission specification 62304, Food and Drug Administration Code of Federal Regulations Title 21 Part 11, and General Data Protection
· Experience with Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, Invision
· Experience in healthcare, life sciences, clinical laboratory, EMR
· Product Owner (CSPO) Certification
· Working understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient privacy and data protection
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.