About the Job
The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager on the general ledger accounting team and is primarily responsible for providing support throughout the monthly financial statement close process, with a focus on revenue. This individual will be expected to perform a variety of accounting tasks in an effective and efficient manner to ensure the Company’s financial records are accurate and the Company maintains compliance with internal and external financial reporting requirements.
• Maintain ownership of Biopharma Revenue and Accounts Receivable along with all associated processes.
• Perform technical accounting research on revenue arrangements and complete documentation through memos as needed.
• Perform both simple and complex revenue calculations within the guidance of relevant revenue recognition accounting standards based on review of sales contracts.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to gather information needed to complete the monthly close process and provide support back to the stakeholders as needed.
• Provide excellent service to customers via daily monitoring of AR inbox and timely responses to any inquiries and requests.
• Partner with Associate Staff Accountant to manage specified customer accounts and revenue processes as assigned.
• Assist in monthly analytical review of revenue-related financial results for distribution in reporting packages to executive team.
• Assist in preparation for annual audits, including interacting with auditors.
• Prepare and distribute invoices and relevant support to customers on a monthly basis.
• Prepare journal entries as required during the monthly close process for the general ledger accounting team.
• Apply customer cash receipts to open invoices in accounts receivable subledger within accounting system, and monitor aged receivables for follow up with customers as needed to help company collect cash in a timely manner.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts and maintain documentation in cloud-based reconciliation software.
• Maintain responsibility for documentation of internal controls over financial reporting for the revenue and accounts receivable processes.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3+ years of experience in related Accounting roles
• Experience working in a detailed monthly close environment
• Experience with Revenue and Accounts Receivable
• Experience with ICFR audits
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS, particularly as it relates to revenue recognition
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
• Strong PC Skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Dynamics GP
• Self-starter who will excel in a fast-paced, high-growth, and deadline-oriented environment
• Strong work ethic and team player
• Strong interpersonal skills that include effective skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Demonstrated organization and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.