About the Job
The Intern, Strategic Operations supports the collection and organization of data, information and feedback from the Clinical Operations and Data Management teams and FMI cross-functional colleagues. This position facilitates the development of metrics needed to assess the overall efficiency of the processes in place to inform on any needed improvements to Clinical Operations systems, processes, training, communications and change management tools and methodologies. This information is used to inform the senior leadership team and to help drive innovation for process and training needs within the department and cross-functionally. The Intern, as part of the Strategic Operations team, supports Clinical Operations and Data Management.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Cambridge, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Coordinate and align with Strategic Operations, Clinical Operations, and Data Management colleagues on key metrics needed.
• Periodically collect, organize and analyze data and feedback.
• Aid in conceptualizing or developing dashboards displaying key metrics.
• Aid in reviewing Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and internal guidance documents for improvements and updates needed.
• Work effectively with a cross-functional team in a remote environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Rising senior in a four-year degree program pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in health sciences, biological sciences, clinical research, life sciences, public health or related field of study, or Business Management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with SmartSheet
• Familiarty with ServiceNow
• Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Interest in clinical research, cancer research, or public health
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, collaboration, and innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.