Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Supervisor, Client Services is responsible for leading the team that responds to and resolves a wide
range of client inquiries and requests and liaises between FMI departments, partners, customers and the
patient. The incumbent operates in a supportive function within the fast-paced Client Services
Department, and as a leader is responsible for providing direction, guidance, a more advanced
troubleshooting to the team that is based upon a higher level of qualified experience, and
implementation of process improvement initiatives. This position supervises individuals within Client
Services and supports workflow management. Additionally, the Supervisor, Client Services educates the
team through weekly online learning opportunities, refresher training sessions, and a wide variety of
other professional growth initiatives for Client Services Representatives.
Establish and maintain basic workflow for Client Services Representatives (CSRs).
• Rebalance work of the team when needed.
• Hold 1:1 meetings with CSRs on team on a regular basis.
• Work with CSRs on team as they establish goals and support CSRs in reaching goals.
• Seek out opportunities for CSRs outside of their daily responsibilities to help them develop.
• Conceptualize and create training strategies, initiatives and materials.
• Continuously develop and refine the new hire and ongoing training schedule.
• Consult with managers and leadership on curriculum and in the development of new training
• Track and compile collected training data, related to CSR performance and learning.
• Provide positive, constructive, qualitative and quantitative feedback to CSRs.
• Execute upon initiatives to foster a collaborative and supportive atmosphere amongst CSRs.
• Help CSRs to make judgment calls when the next step is not clear and make decisions when needed.
• Take on and resolve escalated client concerns.
• Provide in-depth education, guidance, mentorship, and support to customers, patients, and internal
constituents about Foundation Medicine’s products and services.
• Establish strong rapport with physicians, medical staff, laboratory staff, and patients via phone and email
• Use problem solving skills to create and offer solutions to customers or for internal issues of varied
• Correctly document all communication and maintain up-to-date appropriate records.
• Collaborate with other leaders within Client Services to make decisions regarding workflow and
• Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate updates and points of emphasis.
• Collaborate with CS trainer to ensure that new hires and established CSRs receive the level of training
and communications that position them to excel at responsibilities.
• Meet with Client Resolution Specialist to identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
• Partner with other departments to refine and update processes and communications that cut across
• Work with Quality Assurance to ensure that established processes and any updates fit within
company and legal guidelines.
• Collaborate with CS Director to set and implement Client Services Department vision, strategy, and
• Interview for new hires or consultants.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree OR 4+ years of relevant work experience
• 4+ years of experience in a role where service skill sets are required, at least 1 year of which was in a
• 5+ years of experience in a role where service skill sets are required
• Experience with phone-based support or call center experience
• Prior experience in related field and/or the ability to understand and communicate scientific or
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management Software
• Ability to work full-time in an open office environment
• Ability to learn and use laboratory management and client relationship management systems
• Ability to:
• Work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Handle multiple tasks at once and work in a fast-paced environment
• Adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent leadership, mentorship, and motivational skills
• Willingness to learn and understand complexity of industry and business
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!