Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for supporting and executing the daily operations for FMI’s Information Technology Service Desk. This role supervises team members and is a resource for problem solving on challenging tickets. This is a high-visibility and high customer-support position. The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for delivering effective high-level IT support services. This position also helps ensure updates or requests are communicated effectively among different shifts and ensures the team is adhering to the IT operating procedures, system recovery, configuration, and quality policies. The Service Desk Supervisor supports on-call duties on a rotational basis.
• Support Service Desk Functions at a supervisorial level and assume any escalated tickets.
• Drive daily reporting with Leads and distribute weekly and monthly reporting.
• Develop Daily Critical Success Factors (CSF’s).
• Seek new opportunities for workflows to increase team efficiency and manage repetitive tasks.
• Ensure high level of attention to high-priority support and customer satisfaction management.
• Evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
• Collect and prioritize problems and incidents according to developed Service-Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Oversee support of audio-visual equipment in conference rooms, working with users and vendors.
• Complete software and hardware evaluations and recommendations for management review.
• Participate in the incident management process for major incidents.
• Ensure that the Service Desk consistently delivers exceptional customer service and lead in the development of good customer service practices.
• Ensure that the ticketing system is used effectively and efficiently by the team.
• Undertake a daily review of the service desk call queues.
• Assist with maintaining the inventory of computer assets and supplies.
• Execute continuous improvement of processes and controls within the team, adopting Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices where possible.
• Provide self-help and user guides to help reduce redundant service desk tickets.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
• Support team-level strategic development.
• Provide team members with communication and leadership.
• Provide in-depth troubleshooting knowledge and mentorship to team.
• Monitor work progress.
• Oversee daily operational logistics.
• Organize and develop employee schedules.
• Hire, train, manage and evaluate the Service Desk team.
• Provide point of contact for technical answers.
• Provide performance review feedback to staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field with 5+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function; OR,
• High School Diploma or GED with 14+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function
• 1+ years of prior experience leading a team of 8 or more
• Certifications and skills:
• Experience working in a laboratory environment
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Demonstrated successful project management skills
• History of capturing and interpreting data
• Understanding of IT tools, techniques, and how technology is leveraged in IT services
• Deep understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Advanced working knowledge of and understanding of:
• Ability to diagnose and resolve complex escalated technical issues
• Ability to delegate and manage workflow of team
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and time management
• Customer-centric mentality
• Understanding of the importance of information security and commitment to maintaining a secure information technology infrastructure
• Understanding of HIPAA, and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!