Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Supervisor, Training focuses on training initiatives of Lab Operations. This position is responsible for understanding Lab Operations training needs and working across multiple departments to meet end goals. This includes, but is not limited to, developing and facilitating training, working in a Learning Management System and Documentation Management System, and standardizing processes across the lab. Titles are internal to Foundation Medicine and may not align with Clinical Regulations.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from FMI Quality Assurance regarding regulatory guidelines.
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential function of this role.
• Develop employees through positive motivation and training.
• Support training projects and initiatives across laboratory departments.
• Assess the effectiveness of training programs and recommend changes or enhancements through continuous improvement initiatives.
• Design, administer and deliver training programs.
• Create learning and development paths.
• Be responsible for training records/logs and standardization of training procedures and associated documents.
• Support onboarding process for new hires.
• Support the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) for laboratory operations.
• Be responsible for updating controlled training procedures through an electronic Document Management System.
• As needed, train or observe personnel in laboratory functions/tasks.
• Participate in cross-functional teams to coordinate troubleshooting, process improvements, and/or implement new workflows or products.
• Travel domestically up to 50% of the time.
• Maintain availability to work flexible hours as needed including some weekends, holidays, and nights.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological, Chemical, Life or Physical Science
• 6+ years of experience in a regulated laboratory environment (CAP/CLIA/21 CFR 820 Compliant), with 3+ years of training experience
• Certification in training programs
• Experience leading and managing projects
• Experience in delivering training through electronic administration, visual, written and on the job in-person training
• Experience performing work that requires decision making and the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Ability to manage group dynamics and behaviors in a learning environment
• Ability to proficiently communicate (verbally and written)
• Ability to learn new tasks in a timely manner
• Excellent organizational skills
• Willingness to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!