Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Specialist I/II, Supply Chain is responsible for executing the daily incoming workflow of reagents and consumables inventory for FMI’s regulated laboratory operations, including receiving, quarantine, storage, and distribution. The role encompasses all regulated and non-regulated supplies, inbound and outbound package management, and general housekeeping of FMI’s loading dock and storerooms. This position works with the team to ensure adherence to all applicable regulations and ensure accuracy of all inventory transactions.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from QA on the qualifications for this role pertaining to regulatory guidelines.
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential function of this role.
The shift schedule for this role is Tuesday through Saturday, 12:00pm-8:30pm.
• Execute receiving activities for both GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Non-GMP materials in
• ERP and Laboratory Management systems.
• Issue and deliver materials using Kanban and 5S principles to support appropriate inventory levels for the Operations team.
• Perform cycle counts and ensure inventory accuracy is aligned with department goals.
• Provide shipping and logistics support for all inbound and outbound materials for domestic shipments.
• Create material requisitions in ERP system and work with the Procurement Team on delivery schedules from suppliers.
• Adhere to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for inventory management, health, safety, and waste stream disposal.
• Complete tasks in compliance with regulatory requirements including Federal Drug Administration (FDA), ISO, Certified Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and other Quality Management System requirements.
• Ensure all records (both paper and electronic records) are stored and retained per quality system requirements.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives within the Supply Chain department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree
• 6+ months of inventory or material management experience
• Prior work experience in the pharmaceutical or molecular technology industry
• Exposure to an inventory and materials management system
• Prior shipping and receiving experience
• Demonstrated history of attention to detail and high level of organizational skill
• Ability to:
• Strong interpersonal skills that include effective written and oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!