Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Systems Analyst is the primary support contact for interfaces with Client Services and Lab
Operations related applications, such as EMR, Salesforce, Lab Scheduler, LIMs, or other primary
enterprise applications. The incumbent, working with a team of FMI software engineers and biologists, is
responsible for supporting the team’s applications, from both an operational and requirement
management standpoint, as well as testing and releasing web applications that enable global production
operations on cloud-deployed and on prem systems.
• Collaborates with technology departments and IT partners – Develops and maintains a working
relationship with users and is a liaison for integration requests; guides and advises less-experienced
Integration Analysts and Business / Application Analysts.
• Develops and conducts internal training for staff.
• Acts as the primary support contact for interfaces with their application, such as an EMR or other
primary enterprise application.
• Coordinates issues that arise during integration projects and during support of their application's
interfaces, adhering to FMI’s policies, procedures, and business operations.
• Manages and supports, as required, the entire cycle of interface application development, including
analysis, design, specification, implementation, go-live, and support.
• Coordinates and/or participates in interface testing, build, cutover planning, and go-live support, by
engaging subject matter experts, vendors, and interface engine developers.
• Works closely with project managers, business and application teams, and technical teams to ensure
that interfaces meet the needs of FMI.
• Collaborates with interface engine analysts, application analysts, subject matter experts, and vendors
to provide permanent resolution to operational, communication, data integrity, or other integration
• Provides a strong understanding of the application and its integration requirements, and advises
management and users on data mapping concepts and functional capabilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience
• 2+ years of experience in information technology, software development or engineering, with a focus
on testing or requirements management
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, business, healthcare field or a
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, writing,
interpersonal and project-related skills
• Knowledge of HL7 Standards
• Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate at multiple organizational levels across the
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!