Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Systems Storage Engineer provides advanced troubleshooting and system analysis for the Information Technology department and is responsible for ensuring that FMI operating systems and applications are running in optimal conditions for all users. The Systems Storage Engineer maintains day-to-day Information Technology operations by providing support to members of the IT Operations Team on complex issues, while also building out the IT systems-related infrastructure.
• Lead and design IT infrastructure systems as well as systems related to business-critical projects.
• Ensure infrastructure is stable and scalable to actively and adequately support the growing business needs.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of escalated production systems and services.
• Support the day-to-day operations and availability of Foundation Medicine Windows, Linux, Virtualization, and storage environments.
• Be responsible for periodic maintenance of hardware/firmware updates to systems to ensure stable performance of the environment.
• Analyze security and OS vulnerabilities and implement patch remediation infrastructure such as SCCM and Satellite.
• Implement and administer backup technologies to backup data and ensure data recoverability adhering to company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
• Provide support and technical guidance for the technical support personnel of IT Operations team.
• Author and revise run-books, documentation of environment and operation procedures as needed.
• Be responsible for provisioning, security hardening, and performance tuning of IT systems.
• Collaborate closely with other teams to understand system requirements, provide recommendations, and design solutions.
• Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation on an as needed basis.
• Interact and partner with key vendors and contractors to remediate business impacting issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of experience in an information technology support function
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems
• Experience working in a laboratory environment involving sequencers with an understanding of bam, bcl and qseq file types
• Experience working with VMware VDI, Horizon View, including setting up desktop pools, app volumes, UEM, RD session hosts, App stack, connection servers
• Experience in design, implementation and administration of EMC Isilon infrastructure, including, OneFs, Storage pools, SyncIQ, SnapshotIQ, SMB/NFS sharing at a production level
• Experience and knowledge supporting storage arrays like VNX, VNXe including Storage pools, Unisphere, Data replication at an enterprise level
• Experience in design and maintenance of UCS infrastructure including setting up Chassis, IO modules, Fabric Interconnect modules, upgrading firmware, templates, profiles, pools and policies via UCS manager
• Experience with design and maintenance of Dell FX2 infrastructure including, setting up chassis, compute and storage modules, CMC, iDRAC
• Experience in managing and supporting high-performance computing grid cluster (HPC), including the UGE based Queue architecture running on on-prem datacenter and AWS cloud
• Experience in cache optimizing solutions such as Avere to improve throughput and IO across workloads and to support migration plans
• Experience and working knowledge of deploying and managing AWS cloud native systems and services like EC2, ECS, VPC, ELB, ALB, EBS, EFS, setting up IAM roles and S3 buckets adhering to AWS best practices with an understanding of CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Autoscaling
• Experience working with the following Microsoft products:Experience setting up infrastructure for Single Sign-On based applications leveraging SAML based authentication using OKTA
• Experience in automating frequent operational and repetitive tasks to optimize time and resources using Powershell, bash with an understanding of JSON and YAML
• Proficiency in Windows Server OS 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, Linux (Red-Hat and CentOS) and Unix
• Proficiency in designing and deploying backup solutions including Commvault and Veeam to replicate backups to multiple locations (on-prem and cloud) to set-up data lifecycle configuration
• Expert level understanding of VMware ESXi, vCenter, VSAN including integrated tools like DRS, HA, vMotion, storage vMotion, Resource pools, Standard and distributed switching, host and storage clusters
• Working knowledge of CycleCloud infrastructure to manage a dynamically scalable HPC cluster hosted in AWS
• Deep understanding on analyzing current infrastructure systems for security vulnerabilities using security tools like Kenna, Qualys, Nessus and design/implement remediation infrastructure setup (Patch management tools) like SCCM, Satellite, AWS Systems manager, etc. to keep the environment secure and up-to-date
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Exchange and Sharepoint
• Firm understanding of network topology
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Strong interpersonal skills that include effective written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.