Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
**Please Note the shift hours for this position are Friday-Monday, 7:30AM-5:30PM EST**
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Specialist I, System Support is responsible for supporting the daily operations of Tier I IT support, escalating to Tier II support if needed. This high-visibility and high customer support position leverages technical and communication skills to provide effective customer service supporting basic employee and team IT system needs.
• Provide first-line support for IT related services for employees and clinical lab.
· Answer calls, e-mails and Service Desk tickets from customers for system support, escalating records to Tier 2 analysts and/or service owners as needed.
· Perform onsite support and provide follow up to customers as needed.
· Resolve Tier 1 support requests within 30 minutes, once assigned.
· Ensure all calls and tickets are effectively managed and owned through resolution and closure.
· Monitor call queues as needed to ensure incidents are escalated in a timely fashion.
· Document resolution steps for closed tickets and notes for escalations.
· Maintain a positive demeanor and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Provide assistance to Tier II Specialists during major incidents.
• Create and support user accounts.
• Complete new user laptop configuration setup and laptop imaging.
• Setup email on computers and mobile devices.
• Install printers and software on end user PCs.
• Support and troubleshoot system issues related to end-user IT equipment.
• Provide support on audio and visual equipment.
• Perform remote maintenance as needed.
• Provide peripherals and participate in office setups.
• Support and troubleshoot network issues related to desktop, laptops, and VOIP phones.
• Contribute information and articles to be used in the Service Desk knowledgebase.
• Support and troubleshoot COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) software issues.
• Provide continuous improvement in the process and quality of operations.
• Participate in on-call rotation on an as-needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field with 2+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function OR
· High School Diploma/GED/Associates Degree with 5+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function
• Working knowledge of: Microsoft Operating Systems, including Microsoft Office and Office 365 products
• Experience with Microsoft products with base levels of competency in Windows Operating systems
• Working knowledge and proficient understanding of:
· Active Directory, including password resets
· Enterprise Anti-Virus technologies such as Symantec
· Enterprise Mobile Device Management technologies
· Apple OS X Operating systems
· Network technologies such as Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, Domain Name System, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, and Virtual Private Networks
• Excellent customer service skills
• Microsoft certification(s)
• A+ certification
• Network+ certification
• Strong attention to detail and time management, with demonstrated history of these skills in scheduling and ticket documentation
• Experience working in a laboratory environment
• Understanding of HIPAA, and the importance of privacy of patient data
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.