About the Job
The Intern, Talent Acquisition (TA) Operations assists with day-to-day tasks of the team as well as supports projects and team initiatives. This internship presents an outstanding opportunity to gain exposure to the recruiting specialty area of human resources as well as to work side-by-side with a highly experienced People Team. This position is exposed to sensitive information, and therefore requires a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in the handling of sensitive information.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Assist with analysis, research and evaluation of recruiting metrics.
• Build and maintain reporting for consumption by leadership, the TA Team and partners across the People Team and Finance.
• Maintain data management processes for Talent Acquisition, liaising with People Operations and other key stakeholders as necessary.
• Maintain TA operations communications.
• Assist with TA process documentation and shared resources.
• Collaborate with other interns on select assignments.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Rising senior enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a related field
• Computer proficiency, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel
• Previous experience:
· working in an office environment
· engaging in professional, timely, detail-oriented communication at various levels
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening skills and effective collaboration skills
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and independence on projects
• Highly motivated to learn and contribute to talent acquisition
• Understanding of the importance of confidentiality as it pertains to employee and proprietary data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, collaboration, and innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.