Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Team Lead, Client Services partners directly with the Client Services leadership team to provide operational support across the department. The Team Lead responds to and resolves a wide range of client inquiries and requests, and acts as a liaison between internal departments and external partners, customers, and patients. This role acts as a support and mentors other individual contributors on the Client Services Team.
• Provide education, guidance, and support to customers and patients about Foundation Medicine’s products and services.
• Provide a supportive link between external customers and internal operations.
• Successfully manage high volumes of client-facing interactions and establish strong rapport with physicians, medical/lab staff, and patients.
• Document external communication and maintain appropriate records.
• Use problem solving skills to create and offer solutions to customer issues of varied complexity.
• Collaborate with leadership to help foster a cross-functional team.
• Monitor the daily activities of designated team members and assign tasks based on business need.
• Proactively address client issues and complaints, and escalate when needed.
• Measure team performance and report metrics to leadership team members.
• Meet deadlines and support the development and implementation of processes and operational improvement efforts.
• Provide guidance, and mentorship to Client Services team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree AND 2+ years of prior work experience in a related customer services role, OR
• Associate’s Degree/High School Diploma (GED) AND 6+ years of prior work experience in a related customer services role
• 3+ years of experience in a related customer services role
• Cross trained in 3+ functions within Client Services (internal FMI requirement)
• Prior experience providing phone-based support or working in a call center
• Experience leading projects or teams, providing professional mentorship or completing a leadership training
• Familiarity with scientific and technical concepts, and/or experience communicating medical and technical information to a variety of recipients
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!