Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Technologist, Immunohistochemistry (IHC) on the Lab Operations team focused on elements of our Immunohistochemistry and Histology testing processes. The incumbent works on the bench performing immunohistochemistry assays using a variety of automated platforms.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from FMI Quality Assurance regarding regulatory guidelines.
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential function of this role.
• Perform Automated Immunohistochemistry (IHC) using both the Dako Autostainer Link 48 and Ventana Benchmark Ultra Staining Systems.
• Perform assigned tests or components of the test in accordance with assay run schedule accurately within turn-around-time and always in compliance with written standard operating procedures.
• Maintain proper sample chain of custody including proper specimen handling, labeling, and preparation of batch records.
• Maintain adequate stock and efficient use of supplies necessary for performing all procedures, and preparation of reagents as required.
• Develop, evaluate, implement, and perform new methodology and antibody staining techniques.
• Perform quality control testing on control tissues and reagents.
• Complete projects under guidance of senior lab personnel.
• Participate in biohazard, chemical, and general safety and other education programs.
• Work in a lab environment using chemicals and regents.
• Collaborate with other departments and colleagues to problem solve.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in a biological or life science
• 2+ years of experience in a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) / College of American Pathologists (CAP)-certified laboratory
• 3+ years of automated Immunohistochemistry experience
• 3+ years of experience in IHC validation and optimization
• Certified Histotechnician (HT) or Histotechnologist (HTL) OR Qualification in Immunohistochemistry (QIHC) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology
• Experience working with Automated Immunohistochemistry (IHC) to include both the Dako Autostainer Link 48 by Agilent Technologies and the Ventana Benchmark Ultra Staining System by Roche
• Demonstrated experience working within tight timelines for successful execution of project and program goals
• Demonstrated experience handling multiple tasks at once
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers in a fast-paced and cross-functional results-oriented team environment
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Ability to perform work in a lab environment in the presence of chemicals and reagents
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written and oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving
• Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!