About the Job
The Intern, RWE Thought Leadership Strategy & Research supports the Data & Insights Delivery (DataID) team within Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS). The incumbent works to develop a strategy for how Foundation Medicine can leverage its subject matter expertise in genomics data to establish its thought leadership in the field of real world evidence.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
• Contribute to the development of a content marketing strategy for Foundation Medicine’s Real World Data Products, including the Clinico-Genomic Database, that leverages FMI’s talent and passion to consistently answer the big questions target life sciences personas are asking.
• Partner with DataID as well as Portfolio Marketing (PoMa) leadership to identify key goals and develop project plan(s).
• Interview and partner with internal subject matter experts across Cancer Genomics Research, Clinical Development, Decisions Sciences, Regulatory and other areas to inform the development of a directional ~18mo content marketing roadmap.
• Author or Co-author one or more formal (e.g., peer-reviewed) or informal (e.g. blog post) content marketing pieces aligned to the proposed content marketing roadmap.
• Leverage desk research including published literature review skills to paint a holistic picture of the problem space (e.g., a particular use case, such as Biomarker Discovery & Validation) that target life science personas are operating in.
• Leverage an understanding of FMI’s unique point of view, as well as an understanding of the competitive positioning of FMI’s Real World Data Products, to define the appropriate role for such products relative to alternatives.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Currently pursuing an MBA, MPH, or other graduate program relevant to clinical evidence generation (e.g., Epidemiology, Biostatistics) from an accredited institution
• 2+ years of prior work experience in an analytical, problem-solving function
• Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, or in an equivalent scientific field
• 2+ years of prior life science or biopharmaceutical industry experience either in an operating role or an indirect role (e.g. consulting)
• Experience conducting and publishing a literature review in a peer-reviewed publication
• Experience in the critical appraisal of clinical study designs and methods
• Experience in generating clinical evidence, either from traditional prospective clinical trial methods or by leveraging real world data (e.g., administrative claims, EMR, etc.)
• Demonstrated self-sufficiency, creative problem solving, organization and attention to detail
• Strong familiarity with healthcare language and terminology
• Ability to:
• Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds)
• Business acumen and comfort dealing with ambiguity
• Strong interest in product management, including product strategy, product marketing, and/or agile software development
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.