About the Job
The Intern, Training Coordinator supports, analyzes and improves key technical training initiatives such as the Technology Onboarding program, mandatory compliance training, Corrective and Preventative Action training and associated transcript reporting for closure. The Intern also assists in managing and tracking ongoing projects.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Assist with scheduling Tech Onboarding and Tech Lunch & Learn sessions; aligning attendees and speakers.
• Collaborate with Technology teams and develop scope for Training Needs Assessment.
• Research new training delivery modalities that scale with existing target audience.
• Develop and generate custom training transcript reports and dashboards utilizing Cornerstone Learning Management System.
• Perform various training related duties as the position requires or as needed.
• Proofread training materials and other documents as needed.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Rising junior or senior enrolled in four-year degree program pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Psychology, or Business
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Basic knowledge of content authoring tools, i.e. Camtasia or Articulate Storyline
• Experience with Software Development Lifecyle
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong proof-reading skills
• Quality focused and customer service driven
• Demonstrated history of thorough, detailed and accurate work
• Demonstrated ability to:
· work independently
· multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.