Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for Foundation Medicines global cloud footprint and leading Foundation Medicine’s cloud strategy. This position is responsible for leading the cloud Center of Excellence and working with a range of internal stakeholders to design, develop and manage cloud engineering and operations capabilities. Additionally, the Cloud Leader helps ensure operational success of Foundation Medicine’s cloud expansion strategy.
• Lead Foundation Medicine’s cloud transformation in the adoption and application of cloud models globally and across numerous business units.
• Oversee the cloud business management, strategy, and execution, including leading cloud on-boarding, migration, execution, FinOps and organizational change management as Foundation Medicine’s footprint grows both organically and inorganically.
• Oversee Cloud Architecture, Engineering, Operations and Database Engineering teams, implement best practices, including DevSecOps and SRE, and policies for availability, maintainability, and deployment velocity for Foundation Medicine’s products.
• Be jointly accountable for the successful delivery of cloud programs along with architecture, technical program management and product groups.
• Be responsible for ensuring cross-functional teams are adhering to cloud standards, implementing the best practices, responding to incidents, and delivering the highest quality products/services to our global clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 10+ years of experience in IT engineering & operations
• 5+ years of experience in Cloud Engineering & Operations, with direct managing annual cloud spend exceeding $50MM/year
• 15+ years of experience in IT engineering & operations
• Experience operating and scaling data platforms, such as Oracle SnowFlake, Databricks, or Data Lake Technology
• Demonstrated experience with enterprise level products and technology servicing large internal customers and numerous internal business units; implementing DevOps and DevSecOps principles and tools providing agility, automation, and security, and providing 24/7 incident response and support at a global scale
• Experience leading cloud cost management teams, including working with product teams to optimize Cost of Goods Sold(COGS) as it relates to Cloud.
• Experience with modern SDLC tools, branching strategies, and ability to develop and enforce CI/CD practices
• Demonstrated expertise in one or more cloud providers AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Expertise in cloud operations, demand planning, and forecasting for a mid- to large-sized company
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!