Full Time | United States
About the Job
The Vice President, Communications is focused on championing the overall corporate brand and reputation of Foundation Medicine across all primary internal and external stakeholders. This position engages closely with executive leadership and partners with many cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization within FMI and the broader Roche Group.
• Build and strengthen the FMI corporate brand and evolve it from a U.S. brand to a global brand.
• Shape the communications and branding strategy across all enterprise and primary stakeholder touchpoints.
• Establish collaborative and strategic partnerships with the Executive Team to develop a multi-year corporate communications and global brand strategy that strengthens the global reputation of FMI across all stakeholders.
• Serve as a member of the Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS) Leadership Team to lead and participate in strategy development, decision making, and creating a great place to work in GPS.
• Serve as a member of the Executive Team Operating Group to provide thought partnership and pull through key communications internally and externally.
• Direct and lead the workflow and initiatives for internal and external communications, creative communication strategy (i.e. graphic design and video), and community relations.
• Lead the development of a creative and high impact internal communications strategy designed to engage employees around FMI’s vision, mission and purpose.
• Provide inspirational leadership to the Communications Team, effectively coach and develop team members, create a strong team culture and connect team members to other parts of the organization that enable their work.
• Lead the Communications Team in managing the external reputation of Foundation Medicine, including executive visibility, thought leadership positioning and brand stewardship in collaboration with internal business partners: Commercial, Medical, Biopharma, Data Strategy, Research and Development and People (HR) Teams.
• Oversee the evolution of FMI corporate messaging to support a dynamic and complex business narrative while continuing to establish the dual priorities of our patient-centric mission and corporate brand leadership.
• Oversee cross-functional and cross-company teams to develop strategic communications that readily support crisis management, reimbursement and access, regulatory scenarios, and other issues.
• Lead the Creative Team in developing innovative strategies to deliver impactful corporate brand visualizations for key stakeholders across the organization.
• Energize and engage employees, build a dynamic and unique culture that strengthens the reputation of FMI as the place to work/employer of choice.
• Champion the continued development and pull-through of a company-wide community engagement and corporate social responsibility strategy.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 15+ years of experience in all aspects of communications, including internal and external communications, executive thought leadership, community relations, and brand development
• 5+ years of experience working in senior-level roles within communications across the enterprise
• Executive-level expertise in successfully developing and delivering global brands
• In-depth knowledge of the global diagnostic/genomic testing business and the biotech/pharmaceutical industries, especially with regard to reimbursement initiatives, scientific data announcements, industry trends, and regulatory issues
• Extensive experience in issue and crisis management
· leading cross-functional executive teams on broad branding initiatives, global product launches and corporate branding efforts
· in regulatory, reimbursement, government policy and public affairs within the US and basic proficiency with global regulatory frameworks & data privacy, including FDA and CMS process, HIPAA, GDPR and other regulatory frameworks
· working in complex, global healthcare organizations
• Multi-year experience working in oncology, including experience working internationally
• Proven communications leadership experience and demonstrated success leading seasoned corporate communications, community relations, creative design professionals and teams
• Proven ability to grow and empower a seasoned team of enterprise-level communications, community relations and creative design professionals
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, and excellent interpersonal skills with expertise in proper interaction with people at different levels, positions, experience and cultures
• Exceptional business partnering and stakeholder management abilities, at ease leading, advising and delivering in executive-level capacity
• Highly skilled in managing complex issues, multiple external and internal priorities in a complex and global matrix
• Skilled expertise with various digital mediums, applications and technology platforms including social media (Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter), Sharepoint, and Powerpoint
• Demonstrated proactive, creative, results-driven and teamwork-focused qualities
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboratio
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.