Full Time | Boston | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Vice President (VP) of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for overseeing budgeting, planning, forecasting, financial analysis, business partnering with functions and lifecycle teams, and all other FP&A initiatives at FMI for strategic direction and to support decision making and visibility of FMI's financial forecast for the Executive Team. This position partners directly with the Finance Reporting & Accounting team and manages cross-functional business partnerships on all financially pertinent analytics, planning, and reporting activities. Additional responsibilities of this position includes streamlining decision-making capabilities and driving improvements to current processes to help overall organizational efficiency. The VP, FP&A is a collaborative and strategic leader that leverages industry experience for implementing and driving best FP&A practices.
This job is located in Boston, MA, and is eligible for immigration and relocation sponsorship.
• Develop FMI’s business plan & presentations in alignment with annual and strategic planning processes incorporating strategy, portfolio, and functional inputs.
• Drive the financial component of the annual planning cycle in collaboration with Global Portfolio Strategy.
• Build strong cross-functional relationships to drive changes relevant to simplifying and streamlining the business partner decision making process.
• Lead Life Cycle Team financial planning and implement project valuation methods to support the Portfolio Governance Committee in optimizing FMI’s project portfolio.
• Instill a value creation mindset across the organization and collaboratively ensure alignment around identifying, quantifying, and implementing future value creation opportunities at FMI.
• Work with resource management to optimize function and Life Cycle Team budgeting and forecasting by incorporating FTE supply and demand.
• Actively participate as a member of the Corporate Management Leadership Team.
• Maintain availability to work outside of regularly scheduled shift as projects dictate.
• Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 15 years of experience with financial, business, and strategic planning
• Professional biopharma, genetic, and/or life science experience including an understanding of therapeutic or diagnostic development and commercialization
• Master’s Degree or higher educational level in Business, Accounting, or Finance
• Advanced financial modeling experience including long range forecasting, DCF and multiple-based valuation methodologies, and integrated financial statements
• Demonstrated history of adapting quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to find answers and solutions when information and data are not readily available
• Strong leadership history in complex and changing environments with demonstrated ability to gain trust and support from cross-functional peers and teams
• Strong professional interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy & compliance
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.