Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Associate Director, Software Engineering is a hands-on leader for a team of application developers and quality assurance supporting all areas of software development. This leader leverages advanced and strong coding skills with mentorship of individual contributors, and collaborates cross functionally to drive software engineering initiatives. In addition to managing a team, the Associate Director architects and develops applications that are tightly integrated with Foundation Medicine’s system and plays a key role in defining and implementing a streamlined suite of applications to improve efficiency across workstreams. The Associate Director role is a strong technical leader in the FMI organization.
• Oversee a team of Software developers, on site and offshore, providing coaching, development, performance monitoring, and prioritization of work for the team.
• Create, design and support custom applications that integrate seamlessly with other business applications (such as Customer Relationship Management, Billing, Laboratory Information Management Systems).
• Provide key contributions to the design and implementation of future state medical reporting architecture and roadmap.
• Define and document architecture and functional and design requirements.
• Interact with internal customers to develop business requirements.
• Work with team to develop IQ and OQ documentation and execute testing.
• Participate in the continuous process improvement of medical reporting solutions.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams in Technology and the Product Development group.
• Develop, plan and recommend budget and staffing changes as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of technical experience in all aspects of software engineering
• 6+ years leading a technical team of full stack engineers and developing multi-tier web applications
• Experience working with relational databases, such as Structured Query Language (SQL), Object-Relational Mapping (ORM), and query tuning, as well as DevOps tools, DevOps processes
• Experience with at least one:
· Unit test framework (Mocha or Jasmine); and,
· One E2E testing frameworks (Selenium or Protractor)
• Experience in Unix or Unix-like operating systems
• Experience capturing requirements from end users and developing formal technical specifications
• Full understanding of agile development practices
• Strong understanding of RESTFul API development
• Familiarity with HTTP web services and Git version control system
• Familiarity and ability to comply with regulated development environments, including regulations established by the Food and Drug Administration, United States Department of Agriculture and other applicable regulatory bodies
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Track record of creating, leading and managing high performing engineering teams
• Demonstrated ability of meeting project deadlines and of working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!